Export all folder

Technical support for users of BioUML platform

Export all folder

Postby Max » 25 Mar 2013, 11:20

When a workflow builds up a folder structure full of output, is there a way to export that as a tarball? It would be time consuming to do it individually.
Max

Re: Export all folder

Postby Tagir Valeev » 25 Mar 2013, 12:23

You can right-click on the folder, then press "Export". You will got the zip-file.
Tagir Valeev

Postby Maxim Mikheev » 25 Mar 2013, 19:33

But It doesn't. The system asking to choose file type for folder. If I choose TXT, I got zip which contain only txt files from folder and missed all gff. If I choose gff then all txt are missing
Maxim Mikheev

Postby Tagir Valeev » 25 Mar 2013, 21:33

Yes, that's the way it works, because you may have several exporters for the same format. For example, if you have the folder of tracks, what would you like to get? Zip with BED files, zip with GFF files, zip with VCF files? You have to specify. If you want every item in the tree to be exported in some default format, you may post a feature request into Bugzilla. But it's unlikely that GFF will be default format for export. We may also try to implement another solution: create multi-select drop-down box, so user can select several exporters and all of them will be tried. This way you may select TXT and GFF, but not BED and will have ZIP with both TXT and GFF files.
Tagir Valeev

Return to Support